Ready to register? Links are below for the next available dates (all are PT).
If you would like to schedule a workshop just for your school or organization, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rooted Relationships: Growing Equitable Classroom Communities brings together the most helpful and practical tools from the latest brain science research, culturally responsive teaching, trauma and attachment theory, and social emotional learning.
You can help children with the social-emotional support and skill-building that they urgently need. You’ll gain resources and learn tools that will make an immediate difference in your classroom and school, including the BELONG Partners Pacing Guide.
The 250+ page Pacing Guide is an essential resource to support implementation of the BELONG Partners approach. It includes:
- A calendar that outlines a month-by-month focus on various SEL topics, relationship development and adult mindsets
- Resources for facilitating systems change and restorative discipline
- Activities that foster student skills in effective problem-solving class meetings
During Rooted Relationships you will explore with us how to:
- Set-up and consistently hold effective problem-solving class meetings
- Understand behavior as communication and how you can respond to challenging behavior
- Apply a trauma-responsive lens so that you can better understand and handle classroom challenges
- Strengthen your own self-regulation and co-regulation skills
- Build an equitable learning community so that everyone knows they belong and their voice matters
This course is appropriate for teachers, administrators, counselors, paraprofessionals and youth development program providers.
Employees of Seattle, Auburn, Highline, Tukwila, and Renton School Districts: $450
General Admission: $495
Clock hours are available at no additional cost through OSPI for Washington state.