To celebrate Black History Month each year, we feature interviews with local Black leaders in education, equity, and social emotional learning.
Our Sound Discipline colleagues shared with us how they came to their current work and their personal inspirations.
Sylvia Hadnot, Facilitator & Social Media Coordinator
Teague Parker, Facilitator
Brook Afework, Program Operations Coordinator
Roshaé Lowe, Facilitator
We have the privilege of working alongside local Black leaders in the areas of social emotional learning and education. We thank them for helping us lift up the importance of SEL in education, and for sharing the historical Black leaders who influenced and inspired in their lives and careers!
- Anthony Ase, Secondary STEM Facilitator, Renton School District & Sound Discipline Board of Directors
- Damithia Nieves, Founder of Thrive Yoga and The Mindful Mentors Project
- Ebony Pattenaude, Director, Renton Innovation Zone Partnerships (RIZP) and Early Learning, Renton School District
- Hani Nur, Principal, Thorndyke Elementary, Tukwila School District
- Tymmony Keegan, Cleveland Highschool, Seattle School District